Arsenic Trioxide Phebra - An Improved Presentation*
- Arsenic Trioxide Phebra is considered pharmaceutically identical, and was approved by the MHRA as a generic of arsenic trioxide ampoules (originator product).5
- Arsenic Trioxide was the first presentation of arsenic trioxide in a vial available in the UK; the with drawing of the drug from a vial does not cause sharps injuries. An equivalent arsenic trioxide product is an ampoule5, however ampoules are associated with a high risk of sharps injuries.
- A vial presentation also saves time and reduces the number of steps and costs compared to drawing up drug from an ampoule.
- Pack size: 10 x 10 ml vials 6
- NHS List Price: £2700.00 6
* versus orignator product
Arsenic Trioxide Phebra - Product Safety Features
- Aluminium seal with red plastic “flip-off” cap
- Moulded glass vial; reduced risk of delamination compared to tube-formed vials
- Moulded glass vial; more resistant to breakage than tube-formed vials
- Type 1 glass with high degree of heat and thermal shock resistance
- Cap edges extend above neck to facilitate “flip-off”
- Chlorobutyl stopper, moulded with a Flurotec film and then coated in silicone oil
- Type 1 glass vial
- Clear labelling, including Batch Number and Expiry Date
- Flat base
Arsenic Trioxide Phebra - Constantly Available
- Arsenic Trioxide Phebra is the second arsenic trioxide product available in the UK. It has a completely different supply chain to other arsenic trioxide products.
- Arsenic Trioxide Phebra has been constantly available to the NHS with no out-of-stocks since May 2019.
- Arsenic Trioxide Phebra is included on NHS England Framework Agreement CM/PHG/17/5547/00.
- Arsenic Trioxide Phebra is manufactured by Phebra Pty Ltd; Phebra have their own MHRA and FDA approved manufacturing facilities and proven capacity and capability to supply this product.
- Flexipharm Austrading will always hold sufficient stocks of Arsenic Trioxide Phebra to meet UK demand.
- Flexipharm Austrading guarantees not to increase the price of Arsenic Trioxide Phebra if competitor products go out of stock.